Friday, January 11, 2013

T-minus 48 hours

I woke up this morning to the realization that I have but 48 hours until I leave to begin my service as a Peace Corps Volunteer in the South American country of Ecuador. One of the many things racing through my brain today is that I need to finally create a blog. I have put off many things in my preparation to leave the country and the blog is paramount on that list. As anyone who knows me well would tell you, I am a "last minute" person, so it is only fitting that I begin this blog two days before I depart and I still have not packed the necessities for my trip.
 
I have always felt blogs were a bit self-serving and rather pretentious. However, I have been advised by many a friend, relative, and returned Peace Corps Volunteer that it is a great way to chronicle what is happening in my life and share with others that might care to hear. So pardon my self-absorption and I hope you enjoy my meandering thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment